Welcome, we are so happy that you found Spanish Prep, welcome to our community of Spanish educators.
Our mission at Spanish Prep is to be your go to site for Spanish educational resources. We are here for teachers and parents who want to teach their kids Spanish, incorporating fun and engaging teaching materials. If you are a teacher or a homeschooling parent who is tired of “just using the textbook” and you are ready to start using interactive notebooks, hand-on activities and more, YOU are in the right place! WE are here to REKINDLE your LOVE of teaching Spanish!
If you’ve ever thought …
- I wish I had more time to create great lessons.
- I wish we didn’t have to use this heavy textbook with no rhyme or reason.
- I wish I had time to make real connections with all my students.
- There isn’t enough time to complete all the tasks required of me, outside of teaching.
- I’m so tired of not having a work – life balance.
- I wish I loved teaching like I did when I first graduated!
… we are here to help!
What is Spanish Prep and how can we help?
You will find a variety of learning resources to use in your Spanish classroom or homeschool. If you want to see all that we have to offer at Spanish Prep…
- Subscribe to our newsletter – When you subscribe to our newsletter you will receive access to resources only available to SpanishPrep subscribers, as well as, special offers and ideas!
- Check out our FREE resources – Don’t hesitate to see what is available by checking out our BLOG and our STORE for freebies.
- Shop – You can find a variety of resources available at my store, right on our site. You can also visit and purchase from my TPT store, if you prefer. Some products are ONLY available in the Spanish Prep store.
- Search and you shall find – Are you looking for something specific? Use the search bar on the top of our site.
Want to know about me?
My name is Karen. I came to the United States (with my family) from Ecuador when I was six years old and learned English with the most fantastic first grade teacher, who instilled in me the love of making learning fun! I lived in New York, where I completed a B.A. in English and Spanish, and a Master’s in the Art of Teaching. During that time I met and married the love of my life and we rejoiced in welcoming our first child in 2016. I enjoyed a year and half with my beautiful son before returning to creating Spanish resources that I love and so will you. Now I’m a Work-At-Home Mom. I wouldn’t be able to do all this without the support of my wonderful husband who is an important part of the team.
I have been teaching since the age of three, when I taught my stuffed animals Bible stories and haven’t stopped since. I have taught and directed Christian kid-centered clubs known as Adventurers and Pathfinders, since the age of 18, teaching arts and crafts, life skills, camping skills, nature, the Bible and much more. I have also taught Spanish (full-time and part-time) in both private and public school, from Pre-K to 12th grade, since 2006. I love Apple products and I love teaching people how to use that technology!